The Type A Machines Series 1 3D Printer comes fully assembled, has an open frame and fabricates objects using PLA (polylactic acid) thermoplastic filament (sold separately), with a vertical resolution from 50 to 300 microns (0.05 to 0.3 mm). The printer can build objects to maximum dimensions of 12 x 12 x 12 inches/305 x 305 x 305 mm (H x W x D). The aluminum and steel extruder feeds 1.75mm filament, with a lever system for changing filament. A filament management system holds multiple filament spools and helps provide reliable feeding of filament into the extruder. The build surface adjusts at four corners for level calibration. The printer can be controlled via a browser based interface, using wired or wireless Ethernet. The frame is laser cut and made of CNC folded metal. Precision ground steel rails with precision linear bearings help ensure precise movement. Electronics powered by Beagle Bone Black and Arduino. 3D printers fabricate physical objects directly from computer-aided-design (CAD) data sources. Objects created by additive manufacturing are built by dispensing successive thin layers of molten material onto a moving platform base from a robotic extruder nozzle. The material is a thermoplastic such as the bio-degradable, corn based polymer PLA.
- High Durability Extruder: Our new all-metal extruder is a game changer. The single piece melt path reduces clogging, allows for better temperature and print control, and works with a wider variety of printing materials, including PLA, High Carbon PLA and PET. It’s easy to clean and easy to replace, so you’re printing more and troubleshooting less.
- Massive Build Volume: The Series 1 3D Printer has a large and practical build volume, allowing users to create and print designs up to one cubic foot in a single print.
- Durable, Industrial Construction: Just because a printer is durable doesn’t mean it can’t be beautiful. The Series 1 3D Printer features a streamlined aluminum and acrylic body, a glass build surface, and a precision laser cut CNC folded metal chassis. We’ve also upgraded the ribbon cabling, power supply and motors to allow for more uptime.
- Economical, Modular Design: The modular and extensible design of the Series 1 3D Printer is designed for upgrades as technology improves. This is done through thoughtful design of the chassis, electronics bay and ribbon cabling, and means users get new technology faster so they can selectively upgrade and customize their machine.
- Network and Wi-Fi Ready: Our printers are ready to connect to a home network right out of the box. Our partnership with Autodesk also allows for one-click printing via wi-fi using the free Meshmixer application - it doesn’t get easier than that.
- High-Precision Linear Guide System: Precision-milled sides and the highest-quality bearings provide an incredibly smooth motion to ensure prints come out just right, over and over again.
- Easy Bed Leveling: The Series 1 3D Printer ships factory calibrated so you’re able to get creating faster. Small adjustments to the print platform are easy with the master Z-trigger on the top right of the print area - no tools required.
- Upgrade-Friendly Warranty: Backed by our extraordinary technical support team, our one of a kind warranty allows users to modify and adjust their printer without worry.
- Quality Manufacturing: The Series 1 3D Printer is manufactured, assembled, and quality tested in California with environmental sustainability in mind. Each printer undergoes six hours of motion testing, three successful prints, and a careful review by our quality control team prior to shipping.
- Printing material: PLA, CFPLA, PET
- Vertical (Z-axis) resolution: 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, or 300 microns (0.05, 0.1, 0.15, 0.2, 0.25, or 0.3 mm)
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm
- Build speed: 35-120mm/sec
- Travel rate: 250 mm/sec
- Build volume: 12 x 12 x 12 inches/305 x 305 x 305 mm (H x W x D)
- Printer weight: 16 lb (7.5 kg)
- Printer size: 17 x 17.5 x 16 inches (H x W x D)
- Input format: G-code
- Input method: Wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi
NOTE: 3D Printer currently ships in 2-4 weeks.
Type A Machines
Good for All
||PLA, CFPLA, PET
|Vertical (Z-axis) resolution
||50, 100, 150, 200, 250, or 300 microns (0.05, 0.1, 0.15, 0.2, 0.25, or 0.3 mm)
||12 x 12 x 12 inches/305 x 305 x 305 mm (H x W x D)
||16 lb (7.5 kg)
||17 x 17.5 x 16 inches (H x W x D)
||Wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi