PrintrBot Plus Professional Dual Extruder 3D Printer
NOTE: *Double the pleasure, double the fun! …and frustration. Dual extruder printing is for EXPERTS ONLY. If you are just getting into 3d printing, save yourself a significant amount of grief and stick with the single print head for now. We are serious. If you are not a master 3d printer, do not order this product.
The PrintrBot Plus Professional Dual Extruder 3D Printer has updated metal parts including, but not limited to: increased support for the extruder motor wiring, access to the Printrboard reset button, and a sweet “PB” logo on the back of the print bed. The Printrbot Plus is constructed of powder coated metal and machined aluminum with open platform for fabricating parts up to 10 x 10 x 10 inches using 1.75mm PLA filament. The dual extruder printer head moves on the X (left to right) and Z (up and down) axes, while the heated print bed moves on the Y (backward and forward) axis. The Mic 6 aluminum bed is extremely flat and works with an Auto-Leveling Probe with the user-chosen software to calibrate the height of the print head. The Plus comes with a 1.75mm ceramic Ubis Hot End. The printer uses open source software and connects to the computer using the included mini-USB cable. Using a micro-SD card (sold separately), the printer can be disconnected from the computer for untethered printing during long print jobs. Linear rails and carts for stability and smooth movement of the print head and bed. The GT2 belt and aluminum pulley system facilitates precise movement of the print head and bed. The NEMA 17 stepper motors meet the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) standard ICS 16-2001. Printrbot Plus comes with Metal Power Tower with Metal Spool Rack to encase the provided ATX power supply.
Dual Extruder Model Technical Specifications: NOT FOR BEGINNERS
- Model: 1504
- Build Volume: 7-3/4″ x 10″ x 10″ / 196mm x 254mm x 254mm
- Print Resolution: 100 Microns
- Print Speed: 80mm/sec max recommended
- Filament: 1.75mm PLA (sample included) and ABS
- Extruder: Alu Extruder (direct drive). 1.75mm Ceramic Ubis Hot End with 0.4mm nozzle
- Auto Leveling: Auto-Leveling Probe works with software to calibrate Z axis height
- Print Bed: Heated, max temperature 80C
- Construction: Powder coated steel and aluminum body
- Rails: 12mm Linear Rails
- Belt: GT2
- Pulleys: 20 tooth, dual flange GT2 aluminum
- Electronics: Printrbot Rev F Printrboard with micro-USB connection (cable included) and micro SD card slot for untethered printing
- Software: Printrbot does not provide software, but recommends Cura and/or Repetier. Both are available for free download.
- Power Requirements: 12V 350W ATX power supply (ATX power supply and Metal Power Tower included)
- Max Current Draw: ~5-9 Amps
- Motors: NEMA 17 stepper
- Lead Time: 2-3 weeks from order date
- Weight: 40 lbs
- Dimensions: 24 x 24 x 24 (L x W x H)
NOTE: *Prototype description and photos. Final product may vary.
FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling)
||7-3/4″ x 10″ x 10″ / 196mm x 254mm x 254mm
||80mm/sec max recommended
||1.75mm PLA (sample included) and ABS
||Alu Extruder (direct drive). 1.75mm Ceramic Ubis Hot End with 0.4mm nozzle
||Auto-Leveling Probe works with software to calibrate Z axis height
||Heated, max temperature 80C
||12V 350W ATX power supply (ATX power supply and Metal Power Tower included)