The Choc Creator 2.0 from Choc Edge is a simple, yet versatile desktop 3D chocolate printer. It has been developed for creative users who love to experience new technologies, exploit broad technical settings and boundaries of the printer, and having a lot of fun with their creations. Choc Creator uses the latest 3D printing technology to reach a high level of personalisation, flexibility, and control over your chocolate creations. In 3D chocolate printing the chocolate is tempered, loaded into a specially designed syringe, and deposited into a 2D cross-section on a substrate – like a printer printing a 2D image onto paper. You can create your designs using any 3D design program capable of producing STL files: Choc Creator will be able to print them out! Choc Creator is a desktop-sized, user-friendly machine with a 5″ LCD touch screen interface that will enable you to connect via WiFi to your computer, rather than staying plugged in.
- What type of chocolate can be used in the Choc Creator?
We highly recommend the use of high-quality, machine-tempered, Belgian dark chocolate as it has consistently shown better printing results compared to other types of chocolate, due to its high level of cocoa solids. However, it is possible to print with different kinds of chocolate including milk chocolate and white chocolate.
- How do I melt the Chocolate for Printing?
All Choc Edge designs are validated using machine-tempered Belgian Dark Chocolate (Callebaut 811NV). So for the best results we recommend using a professional tempering machine but there are other methods of tempering chocolate, like by hand or using a microwave.
- The Choc Creator V2.0 Plus unit\’s compact three dimensional motion platform allows for convenient desktop use while offering a creation canvas of up to 18cm(X) x 18cm(Y) for 2D work, and a maximum 3D printing height of 4cm(Z). An easy-to-use temperature-controlled printing head and easy-to-clean 30ml aluminium syringe mean that the printer can be refilled within a matter of minutes.
- A 5″ LCD Touchscreen allows you to control the Choc Creator V2.0 Pluswithout a computer, and a convenient USB port allows G-codes to be quickly transferred to the unit via a flashdrive.
- The Choc Creator V2.0 Plus has been designed to print accurate chocolate lines of 0.8mm – much finer and more precise than any current manual piping technique. Every step is computerised to offer repeatability with minimal error, and at the same time flexibility to manipulate printing parameters for meeting different speed and accuracy requirements. It\’s also possible to print onto various substrates such as on other chocolates, cakes, biscuits, dishes, paper for chocolate decoration as well as finished products.
- By slicing STL models into G-codes using ChocPrint, 2D, 2.5D and 3D designs can be printed.
- 1 x Chocolate Printer [Choc Creator V2.0 Plus]
- 1 x Reusable 30ml Stainless Steel Food-Grade Syringe
- 2 x Reusable 0.8mm FDA-approved Metal Nozzle
- 1 x Complimentary USB flashdrive containing User Manual, Troubleshooter, \’ChocPrint slicer\’ & \’ChocDraw app\’
- ChocPrint slicer is for Windows PC only / ChocDraw doodle app is for Android OS only –
- Access to web-based \’ChocText\’ and \’Mix&Match\’ apps
- 5 x 3D designs pre-installed for convenience as ready-to-print G-codes for couverture chocolate